- Tue, Jun 01OaklandJun 01, 8:00 AM – Aug 01, 12:00 PMOakland, 1221 Broadway LL-49, Oakland, CA 94612, USACommunity Futures School students will develop agency in futures literacy by creating a set of future prototypes as art, 3D models and forecasting games to exhibit regularly at MOCHA Porch Talks, publish a community accessible report and create an interactive website to showcase youth & community..
- Mon, Jun 14OaklandJun 14, 8:00 AM – Jun 19, 12:00 PMOakland, 1221 Broadway LL-49, Oakland, CA 94612, USAJune 14, 2021 - June 18, 2021 Campers will learn the basics of architecture, focusing on female architects. Spotlighting vocabulary, journaling, & literacy components daily. After our deep dive into the history and basic terms, campers will be challenged to plan, design, and create their very own...
- Mon, Jun 21OaklandJun 21, 8:00 AM – Jun 25, 3:00 PMOakland, 1221 Broadway LL-49, Oakland, CA 94612, USAJune 21, 2021 - June 25, 2021 Let go and create. This camp will explore the science of alternative methods of creating art using unique “brushes” like feet, elbows, hair, forearms, and fingers. Encouraging campers to use their entire body to create art. We will also be studying: kinetic art, mobiles
- Sat, Jun 26https://www.mocha.org/porchtalkseriesJun 26, 10:00 AM – 11:30 AMhttps://www.mocha.org/porchtalkseriesMore than ever, our everyday situations and lived experiences need to be examined and interrogated. The ways in which we communicate, share, and build common language must be reevaluated. Whiteness must be exposed. Just as porch talks gather neighbors and friends to share life, MOCHA’s monthly talk.
- Tue, Jun 29OaklandJun 29, 8:00 AM – Jul 03, 3:00 PMOakland, 1221 Broadway LL-49, Oakland, CA 94612, USAJune 29, 2021 - July 2, 2021 Let art inspire your words. Campers will enjoy daily journaling (writing and drawing), create identity portraits, and sculpture. Focusing on world events and using words and art alike as self-expression. Let art inspire your words and let your words inspire your art.
- Tue, Jul 06OaklandJul 06, 8:00 AM – Jul 10, 3:00 PMOakland, 1221 Broadway LL-49, Oakland, CA 94612, USAJuly 6, 2021 - July 10, 2021 Campers explore line, shape, texture, form, space, color, and value with unique art projects while incorporating literacy components like daily journaling and vocabulary. Young artists will explore the elements of art and engage in a variety of art-making techniques. Stu
- Mon, Jul 12OaklandJul 12, 8:00 AM – Jul 16, 12:00 PMOakland, 1221 Broadway LL-49, Oakland, CA 94612, USAJuly 12, 2021 - July 16, 2021 Delving into the origin of textiles, while learning current and ancient techniques like weaving and french knitting. Campers will also create their own patterns and textile designs inspired by contemporary and historical inspiration
- Mon, Jul 19OaklandJul 19, 8:00 AM – Jul 24, 3:00 PMOakland, 1221 Broadway LL-49, Oakland, CA 94612, USAJuly 19, 2021 - July 23, 2021 Campers are in for a treat with a mixed media camp! They will be painting, collaging, drawing, and assembling unique pieces of art. Campers will learn how to combine materials and techniques to individually express themselves through art.
- Mon, Jul 26OaklandJul 26, 8:00 AM – Jul 30, 3:00 PMOakland, 1221 Broadway LL-49, Oakland, CA 94612, USAJuly 26, 2021 - July 30, 2021 Everyone knows what their favorite color is, but do you know where colors come from and how colors are created? Campers will get to be part artists, part scientists, investigating color theory through light and pigment. Everyone will create a color journal where they...
- Mon, Aug 02OaklandAug 02, 8:00 AM – Aug 06, 3:00 PMOakland, 1221 Broadway LL-49, Oakland, CA 94612, USAAugust 2, 2021 - August 6, 2021 Welcome to Fashion Camp!!! Campers will be challenged to express themselves through fashion using a variety of materials and techniques. Get ready for daily journaling, creative collective brainstorming, and deconstruction of how we currently view fashion and what...
- Mon, Aug 09OaklandAug 09, 8:00 AM – Aug 14, 3:00 PMOakland, 1221 Broadway LL-49, Oakland, CA 94612, USAAugust 9, 2021 - August 14, 2021 Each camper will receive their own laptops to use at MOCHA where they will learn Python, a simple programming language, focusing on a very basic understanding of software engineering. Literacy & art will be integrated daily. This isn’t just a coding camp, we will...
- Mon, Aug 16OaklandAug 16, 8:00 AM – Aug 20, 12:00 PMOakland, 1221 Broadway LL-49, Oakland, CA 94612, USAAugust 16, 2021 - August 20, 2021 To plant a seed is to believe in tomorrow. During this camp, students will discover the science and art of plants. From germinating seeds to observing and creatively capturing plant life-cycle and much more. Students will print with beet juice, design succulent....